Friday, July 12, 2013

We're (Almost) Homeowners!!!!

I haven't written a blog post in the past few days, NOT because nothing has been going on, but because LOTS has been going on and I've just been so busy!  If you've been here before, you might know that we were in the process of purchasing our first home and had been anxiously-awaiting final loan approval, so that we could finally say this is Our Home:


Well, we received the "Clear-to-close" from our Bank on Wednesday, 7/10 and it's just been nothing but a total whirlwind since then.  However, I can finally report our official Closing and Move-in dates for you, which means lots more content for the blog is coming sooner than you think!  I can hardly contain my excitement!!!!

Our official Closing Date is

Monday, 7/15 at 10:00 am!


That morning, we will be doing our final walk-through at 9:00 am, which is when we get the opportunity to make sure that the house is in the same condition we agreed to purchase it in and that the items they agreed to fix have been.  Our Realtor is taking the keys from the final walk-through and bringing them straight to the closing table.  After the closing, those will be OUR KEYS!!!  During the walk-through (or right after closing - whichever allows us more time), I will finally be taking our own pictures of the (empty) house, so that you can see all the things the seller's photos don't show.  I'm talking FUN STUFF, like the huge bar in the basement, the second upstairs bedroom, the backyard, etc.  

As far as moving, we would have loved to have been able to move-in the next weekend, but we'll be away for our best friends' Wedding in Disney World, which we are SO excited for.  Instead, we've set our Move-In date for Saturday, July 27th!  In the weeks leading up to that date after closing, we will be trying to move a couple of boxes by car and I'd really like to take a couple of evenings to clean the house top-to-bottom before moving our stuff in, so we will have to try to make time for that.  

I know I sound like a little kid with how excited I am and all, but it's hard to describe what achieving this dream of home-ownership means to me.  It's a long story (that I'll save for a separate blog post), but it's something I'm so proud of.  Plus, it was getting a little insane how many times I'd "drive-by-stalk" our new house.  The next time we drive by it, we can actually go inside!  And we'll only be a few hours away from OWNING IT!!

I just wanted to say thank you to those who have stopped by the blog so far, as well as anyone who is new.  I hope you'll stick around while we practically decorate our entire first home! :)

1 comment :